Sam Adams, DDS
Born in Pittsburgh, Pa., Dr. Adams received his Dental Degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Dentistry and completed Periodontal studies at Eastman Dental Center in Rochester, NY.
Also known to his patients as ‘Doctor Sam,’ Dr. Adams has been in private practice in the Houston area for over 30 years. He continues his education and experience with dentistry courses and various association activities at the local, state and national levels.
Dr. Adams is a specialist in the care and treatment of gum disease, the field of dentistry known as Periodontics. Together with his highly-trained staff, Dr. Adams has always strived for perfection.
Dr. Adams’ Scholastic Credentials
- Graduate University of Pittsburgh School of Dentistry 1961
- Internship 1961, Eastman Dental Center, Rochester, N.Y.
- Periodontics research/residency 1962-’64, Eastman Dental Center, Rochester, N.Y.
- University of Rochester, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, M.S. 1964
- Lieutenant Commander United States Navy 1966 – 1968
- Private Practice of Periodontics, Houston, Tx. 1968 – present
- Clinical Professor, University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston, 1968 – April, 1988
- Professional Memberships:
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- Houston District Dental Society
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Southwest Society of Periodontists
- Texas Society of Periodontists
- Houston Society of Periodontists
- Special Fellowship for advanced study and research at the Royal Dental School, Molmo, Sweden
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon
- Academy of General Dentistry Award for Outstanding Senior Student
- Fellow of the American College of Dentists
- National Institute for Dental Research
- Fellow International College of Dentists
- Balient Orban Prize for research in Periodontics